What is herbal tea?
Herbal teas, sometimes called herbal infusions or herbal infusion tea, are made from the infusion or decoction of dried fruits, herbs, flowers, spices, or other plant material in hot water. Herbal infusion teas may offer different health benefits based on their ingredients. They are calorie-free. Tantalise your taste buds with our exclusive selection of herbal tea infusions!
What are the benefits of herbal tea?
Herbal teas come in a variety of delicious flavors and are naturally free of sugar and calories. But many herbal teas also offer health-promoting properties and have been used as natural remedies for centuries. Below are some of the more prominent examples:
- Passionflower tea is know to help reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
- Rooibos tea seems to help heart health and bone strength.
- Rosehip tea presents anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
- Ginger tea is known to help relive nausea, period pain and is also rich in antioxidants.
- Chamomile is well known for its calming properties. It may help relieve premenstrual symptoms, high blood lipid, blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Hibiscus tea may help reduce blood pressure. Note that it shouldn't be taken at the same time as aspirin and certain diuretic medication.
- Peppermint tea is often used to relieve discomfort of the digestive tract such as cramps and nausea.
Does herbal tea contain caffeine?
Herbal tea infusions are naturally caffeine-free, and can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Unlike black and green tea, they also contain incredibly low levels of tannins, which can be bitter.
Does herbal tea make you sleepy?
Herbal tea is known for being very gentle and has a calming effect on the central nervous system, without being a sedative.
Recommended herbal teas
The following herbal teas use organic ingredients and come in biodegradable pyramid sachets:
Herbal tea recipe: How to make the perfect Iced Detox Refresher Tea