November 16, 2019
|YIELDS:||PREP TIME:||COOK TIME:||TOTAL TIME:|
|8 servings||30 minutes||1 hour||1 hour 30 minutes|
6 ¼ cups water
6 sachets PAROMI Cinnamon Chai Tea
3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
Cinnamon Chai Candied Pecans (recipe follows)
For the Sweet Potato Casserole:
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add 6 sachets of PAROMI Cinnamon Chai Tea. Steep for 6 minutes. Remove sachets and reserve ¼ cup of the tea for the Candied Pecans.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Pour the remaining brewed tea into a large Dutch oven. Add sweet potatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup cooking liquid.
4. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400°F.
5. Return cooked potatoes to the Dutch oven and add reserved ⅓ cup cooking liquid, sugar, brown sugar, butter, orange zest, salt, and cinnamon. Using a potato masher, mash to desired consistency. Stir in eggs. Spoon into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
6. After 40 minutes, remove foil and sprinkle prepared Candied Pecans over the top of the sweet potatoes. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup PAROMI Cinnamon Chai Tea (reserved from above)
½ tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups pecan halves
½ tsp vanilla extract
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …