September 27, 2018
|YIELDS:||PREP TIME:||COOK TIME:||TOTAL TIME:|
|2 servings||45 minutes||20 minutes||65 minutes|
3 sachets Paromi Palace Green Tea
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
4 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
10 black peppercorns
5 juniper berries
4 fresh thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
2 cups ice cubes
2 bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1 ½ inches thick)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 fresh thyme sprigs
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon brewed Paromi Palace Green Tea
½ teaspoon caraway seeds
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 cups shredded green cabbage
1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
For the pork chops:
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and rest for 2 minutes. Add Paromi Palace Green Tea sachets and steep for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags. (Set aside 1 Tablespoon of the brewed tea to be used in the slaw dressing later.)
2. Return brewed tea to stovetop over medium heat. Add salt, sugar, garlic, peppercorns, juniper berries, thyme and bay leaf and stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Pour the brine into a large bowl and add the ice cubes. Let the brine cool to room temperature.
3. Add the pork chops to the brine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
4. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400°F.
5. Remove the pork chops from the brine and discard the brine. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
6. In a large pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the butter, thyme, and pork chops. Sear about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. While cooking, carefully tilt the pan and spoon the pooled butter over the chops to baste. Transfer the pork chops to the oven and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the chops registers 145°F, about 5 minutes more. Transfer the pork chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
For the slaw:
In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and brewed Paromi Palace Green Tea. Add caraway seeds and salt and pepper to taste. Toss dressing with shredded cabbage and apple slices. Serve immediately with seared pork chops.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …