|YIELDS:||PREP TIME:||COOK TIME:||TOTAL TIME:|
|6-8 servings||10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Ingredients2 sachets Paromi Turmeric Ginger Tea
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped carrots
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon hot curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cans (15 ounces each) 100% pumpkin puree
1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk (plus additional for garnish)
1 ¼ teaspoons salt, or to taste
Roasted, salted pepitas, for garnish
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and rest for 2 minutes. Add Paromi Palace Green Tea sachets and steep for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags. (Set aside 1 Tablespoon of the brewed tea to be used in the slaw dressing later.)
2. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and then remove from heat and rest for 2 minutes. Steep 2 sachets of Paromi Turmeric Ginger Tea for 3 minutes. Remove sachets and set tea aside.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and carrot. Cook until onions are opaque and carrots have softened, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, and turmeric. Cook an additional 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Add broth and brewed tea to the saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pumpkin, coconut milk, and salt. Using an immersion blender (or transferring in batches to a traditional blender) puree soup until very smooth. Return to pan and heat through.
4. To serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of unsweetened coconut milk and sprinkle with pepitas.